Monday 10 September 2012

Langley Castle Wedding Photography


Wedding photography at Langley Castle, Northumberland near Hexham, by Emerson Photography.



Wedding photography in a medieval castle is always a challenge, even when there's plenty of light in the middle of Summer.  Castles make amazing wedding venues, but they do tend to be a little on the dark side due to six foot thick walls and (often) very small windows.  Langley Castle however, has an abundance of natural light - the windows are a good size and it really does feel pretty airy compared to some other castle venues I've shot at.

Emma and Stephen's day started a little late due to an accident on the A1.  I always allow an extra 40 minutes or so travel time on a wedding day, but this time I gave myself nearly two hours extra time so I could have a good nose around the castle before starting.  Which turned out to be a very good thing - gridlock is the word.  I eventually arrived 10 minutes after my start time, but was relieved to see that I wasn't alone in having been caught up in the traffic chaos!

I just have to say - I absolutely love my job.  I take it incredibly seriously, but just can't help enjoying pretty much every second of it (traffic jams apart).  The formal training at uni and college were a huge help but I really have not stopped learning since that first solo wedding nearly eight years ago!  I hope all the dedication and hard work shows in the images.

Anyway, enough chat and onto the photographs!



wedding photographer at langley castle, jamie emerson























So all in all, a fantastic day, despite the traffic.  If you're looking for a documentary wedding photographer with many years of experience and formal training, please do just get in touch for an informal, friendly chat.

You can see more work over at my reportage wedding photographer north east website and use the contact button at the top of the page.

No comments: