Wednesday 19 March 2008

Kodak HIE discontinued - eeek!

Well, I'm always the last to know. No-one round here tells me anything. Or maybe I just took my eye off the ball (grumpy harrrumph).

It certainly seems to be serious this time. After a few scares and capitulations by Kodak, it looks like the end of the line for HIE. I still have a few rolls in the freezer and refuse to be terrorised into paying £17.49 for ONE, yes ONE roll of the film. Ooyah!

Oldest trick in the sales book - create a perceived scarcity of any product and the value goes through the roof. Except this time, unfortunately, perhaps it's not a perceived scarcity :-(

Anyhoo, I've bought in a couple of rolls of Ilford's SFX, which I tried years back in medium format and didn't much care for. Results will be posted shortly. Also, looking forward to trying Maco's IR offering available from Silverprint.

Apologies for the lack of pics - some will follow shortly..................

No comments: