Sunday 24 March 2013

Rockliffe Hall Wedding Day.

Emerson Photography, working throughout the north east, providing heartfelt, reportage and documentary wedding photography.  Sunderland, Durham, Newcastle and Darlington are my usual haunts, but I happily travel quite literally worldwide covering weddings.

Last Friday found me at the rather fabulous Rockliffe Hall, near Darlington for the wedding of Geraldine and Paul.  Happy to wake up to an almost rain-free day, I shot down the road to get some photographs of Geraldine getting ready for the day ahead.

Then it was off to the very picturesque town of Richmond, and specifically, the St Joseph and St Francis Xavier church.  The priest could not have been more helpful and accommodating - really lovely chap.

After the lovely service at which Geraldine's bridesmaid sang a beautiful solo, it was back to Rockliffe and the celebrations commenced.  

Just as an aside, for any photographers who read this, this was my first full day using my two new full frame DSLRs - a D600 and a D700.  All I'll say about going full frame is, if you haven't already, do it now!  The difference is like night and day...

Anyway, that's enough chat from me - here is a small selection of the photographs from a memorable and enjoyable day!


Bridal preparations at Rockliffe Hall






























 If you're looking for a north east wedding photographer with a very candid, unobtrusive style, why not visit the gallery in my documentary wedding photographer's website?  I'm still taking bookings for this year, especially if your wedding is on a weekday and some weekends remain free.  You can get in touch through my website, or just call me on 07866127732 to have a chat about your wedding day.






No comments: